At the heart of our work is an impact mandate: collecting data to improve the quality of life of Base of the Pyramid populations.
By facilitating improved access to quality products, Mobile Metrix affords low-income residents with better options as they make important spending decisions for their households. Simultaneously, Mobile Metrix provides companies that are making a difference with unprecedented access and insights to extend their reach.
As a social enterprise, we are committed to giving back to the communities where we work at every step of the research process. Among many other social impacts, Mobile Metrix:
- Hires and trains marginalized youth. The Mobile Agents™ become empowered as leaders in their communities, earn a living wage, and gain job skills that equip them for the workforce.
- Organizes educational seminars for local residents, attended by an average of 40% of those surveyed.
- Fuels positive behavioral changes in low-income communities, such as increased frequency of hand washing and water treatment.
- Protects the privacy and personal information of our survey participants by releasing only aggregate data.
- Invites the community organization to include up to 5 questions on the study questionnaire and gives this data back to the community.
- Presents aggregate, top-line demographic data to the community leaders, so they can better direct their limited resources and advocate their needs to policymakers and foundations.
- Supports local economies by reinvesting project revenues into the communities via aftermarket purchases like meals, photocopies, and uniform design.
- Provides unique insights into the local realities, informing companies to adjust their pricing and accessibility to increase the flow of critical products and services into low-income communities.